Our well-established client based in Quedgeley are currently recruiting for a permanent Assistant Management Accountant to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is supporting Management Accountant, colleagues in the Finance Department, and the operational management team by completing accounting postings, account reconciliations and reporting of financial information for the manufacturing business.
The role will work primarily with the manufacturing company, but there is also a requirement to assist finance colleagues with work required on other group and related businesses.
The role requires the ability to take accounts to trial balance using Sage 500, including depreciation, prepayments and accruals accounting entries. The role also requires an individual who will analyse variances, both system generated (such as stock adjustments) and discrepancies against budget; and who is tenacious in following through and finding reasons and explanations for these variances.
The requirement is for an individual who enjoys working at a detailed level, but who also has strong inter-personal skills for direct communication with non-finance staff and an ability to see the wider commercial picture.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with the production of monthly Management Accounts including journals, prepayments, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations and overhead analysis:
- Daily posting of stock journals
- Weekly bank reconciliations, including posting non-sales ledger and non-purchase ledger receipts and payments
- Weekly payroll reconciliation and internal reporting against budget
- Monthly inter-company account reconciliations and raising of necessary recharge invoices and posting of relevant transactions
- Code overhead expenses e.g. credit card statements
- Monthly stock-take attendance and audit
- Monthly reconciliation of stock and suspense accounts and related journal postings
- Monthly reconciliation of GRNI provision
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and monthly depreciation journals
- Monthly posting and reconciliation of hire purchase balances
- Preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments schedules
- Responsible for maintaining the manufacturing company’s petty cash tin
- Monthly VAT Returns
Assist with investigating variances and discrepancies and with analysing accounting information, including reasons for gross margin movements
Assist with entering bank payments for any group and related business to the online banking platform
Assist with annual audit pack preparation
Assist finance department colleagues with various tasks
- Able to produce a set of draft accounts (demonstrable practical experience of depreciation, prepayments and accruals calculations)
- Practical experience of working with an ERP system (Ideally within a manufacturing business)
- Clear confident communication for interacting with finance and non-finance colleagues
- Someone who has initiative and who enjoys following through to understand and resolve accounts variances
- Ideally someone who is part-qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), or who is qualified by experience
Hours - Monday – Friday - 8.30am - 5pm
Salary - £25-30k