Our well-established and expanding client based in Barnwood, Gloucester have a new opportunity for an Experienced Buyer to join their fun and friendly team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of both the purchasing process, strategic sourcing and supply chain. You will also have a talent in negotiation with exceptional networking and communication skills. Previous construction industry experience is vital.
- Lead negotiations to implement cost reductions before new project start and support cost savings initiatives.
- Planning and implementing negotiation strategies, utilizing leverage, identifying the risk and developing options to close agreements successfully.
-Responsible for contacting suppliers and resolve high level issues regarding price, quality, delivery or payment.
- Responsible for ensuring continued supplier performance (delivery, cost, quality, responsiveness).
- Produce, maintain and manage procurement schedules throughout the project team to ensure key deliverable dates are met.
- Working with key stakeholders to reduce costs, improve processes and manage suppliers.
- Challenge supplier cost increases and proposed changes of terms & conditions to ensure that the company is receiving the best possible commercial proposals.
- Ensuring that the procurement of parts and services are carried out as required in good time.
- CIPS qualification (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role
- Previous construction industry experience
- Robust communication and negotiation skills
- Capacity to solve problems, analyse data and apply information
Hours; Monday to Friday – 8am – 5pm
Salary; Up to £35,000 per annum + £3,000 Bonus