Our well established and expanding client based in Thornbury, Bristol are currently recruiting for an experienced Payroll & Bookkeeping Assistant to join their growing team on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join a lovely company that can offer flexibility and a great working environment within a small friendly team.
- Maintaining books and records for client portfolios – using Sage, Excel, Xero, QuickBooks and other packages. Extra training can be provided regarding the systems.
- Speaking to clients first-hand over the phone and face to face assisting with their queries.
- Performing a variety of tasks for clients including, preparation of VAT returns, preparation of payroll, preparation of basic limited company accounts and tax returns using Iris Accountancy Suite.
- Collecting and processing the various submissions requirements for each payroll, to check and advise on payroll matters in addition to the employees’ pay.
- 2 years Payroll work experience and/or payroll related qualifications (e.g. CIPP).
- Time management and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to develop and build on ideas and suggestions month on month to improve the efficiency, service offering, and accuracy of the payroll.
Hours - Monday – Friday – 37.5, start & finish times can be flexible. Although the role is office based as a whole there can be some flexibility for working from home at times. Part time hours may be negotiable for the right candidate.
Salary - £20-25k depending on