Our well-established and expanding client based in Barnwood, Gloucester have a new opportunity for a Trainee Stores Assistant to join their friendly and growing team on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role will be to monitor the company’s stores, manage stock, process deliveries and work closely with the purchasing and operations teams, to place orders when required.
Previous purchasing experience is not necessary, as will be provided with full training.
- Liaise with suppliers and transportation companies to ensure on time deliveries
- Managing of stores and ensuring there is appropriate stock levels at all times
- Picking and packing
- Checking of the engineers’ schedule daily to ensure kit is prepared and ready for them
- Review systems daily to ensure and maintain adequate supply of materials in line with operational demands
- Working alongside the purchasing team to place orders on required stock & van stock
- Booking in materials from delivery’s and updating PO status
- Handling and processing supplier return of items
- Provide day to day administrative support to the Purchasing Team
- Assisting with regular stock checks and data entry onto a warehouse management system
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with suppliers and colleagues in all functions
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Accurate and organised
Hours; 8:00am to 5:00pm - Monday to Friday
Salary; £18,000 per annum + £2,000 Bonus