This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest company in their industry. Our client has a successful track record in providing the marketplace with innovative solutions, services and products.
They now have an excellent opportunity for a permanent Helpdesk Support Advisor to join their fun and friendly team in Gloucester. Our client provides a fantastic launch pad for individuals who are looking to start or develop a career in the IT industry.
The successful candidate will be fully supported with an initial programme of technological and business skills training, as well as never-ending opportunities for further growth!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering emails, calls and online chat in a positive and friendly manner.
- Taking ownership of support requests ensuring they are resolved to the customers’ satisfaction. -Upselling suitable products based on the customer’s needs.
- Quickly identify problems that need to be escalated to the next level of support.
- Creating a record of each customer problem and administer the process.
- Educating the customer where possible, to reduce their need to contact support.
- Promote and provide support for new products.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of our products, technologies and their competitors.
- Working to targets to achieve SLA’s.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideally some knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Confidence in handling difficult customers.
-Ability to learn under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with the desire to succeed.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Keen interest in IT and their operating systems.
Hours: 40 hours per week (Shift Rota)
Salary: £20,400 per annum which includes 20% shift allowance, excellent bonuses, 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays.