Our well-established and progressive client based in Stonehouse are currently looking for a Stores Team Leader to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Stores Manager, you will lead part of a small team to ensure all materials are available in a timely manner to meet the production schedule. This hand on role will include placing purchase orders, stock control, cutting of materials, stock rotation, waste collection, general housekeeping and any other tasks as defined by the Stores Manager.
- Supervision of a small stores team.
- Monitoring of stock levels.
- Booking in and out of materials on the computerised stock system and maintaining accurate records.
- Expediting orders with close liaison with purchasing department reporting stock issues.
- Loading and offloading of deliveries.
- Delivery / collection of materials to / from suppliers when necessary.
- Collection, disposal and breaking down of production and general site waste.
- Carrying out manual handling and heavy lifting.
- Making up customer orders in line with the despatch schedule.
- Replenishing and maintaining neat and tidy stores and factory stock locations.
- Previous store supervisory experience is preferred.
- Capable and willing to carry out manual handling & heavy lifting.
- Forklift license is preferred but training is provided.
- Numerate, literate and accurate with strong IT skills.
- Willing to work outside irrespective of the weather.
Hours; Monday to Friday 7am - 3pm