Excellent opportunity to join our impressive, large, rewarding and expanding Global client based in Quedgeley, Gloucester, working within their Accounts Payable team as an Accounts Payable Clerk on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the AP Supervisor, the primary purpose of this role is to ensure that accounts payable transactions are carried out in a timely and highly accurate manner. You will work within an Accounts Payable Team, committed to this purpose. You will be a key contributor to the Accounts payable function, ensuring that the highest of standards are upheld.
- Resolving a high volume of purchase order, invoice and payment discrepancies.
- Ensuring credit is received for discrepancies agreed by vendors.
- Regular reconciliations of vendor statements to ensure that the ledgers are up to date, and accurate.
- Maintaining good working relationships with vendors.
- Reviewing aged debit balances and communicating with vendors to organise refunds.
- Reviewing aged non-payable invoice queries and escalating problems appropriately.
- Adhering to the companies document retention policy.
- Protecting the organisations value by keeping information confidential.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Providing cover where needed, in times of high workload and holiday periods.
To apply for this role some accounts experience is highly beneficial however not essential if you have a degree or accountancy qualifications.
Salary - £21,000
Hours – Monday – Friday – 9am – 5pm / 8am – 4pm