Our client based in Quedgeley, Gloucester is currently recruiting for an HR Officer to join on a 9-month temporary fixed term maternity cover contract which could be extended.
This generalist role focuses on providing first line support to operational managers on a range of issues to improve organisational effectiveness and efficiency by managing employee performance and improving staff retention in line with company policies, assisting managers with a challenging change programme and creating a climate in which the company can thrive.
Key parts of the role are to accurately identify and refer complex or high-risk items to the HR Manager and to provide flexible support across the HR team as required to ensure continuity of service for managers.
- Previous HR experience
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines
- Strong IT skills – able to produce and analyse management information
- Understanding and practical knowledge of employment law and employer best practice in absence management, capability, disciplinary and grievance, etc
- Approachable and professional and enjoy working in a personable environment where strong working relationships are key
- Diplomacy; tactful and able to liaise and influence key stakeholders at all levels
Flexible: able and willing to travel to other locations across company areas of operation. Your own transport available for business use, mileage will be reimbursed.
Hours – Monday – Friday – 9am – 5pm
Salary - £26,775