Our client based in Gloucester currently have an opportunity for an Accounting Executive to join on a 2-3-month temporary fixed term contract.
You will be in sole charge of the company finances working closely with the Managing Director responsible for managing all financial transactions across all divisions of the business.
- Sole charge of accounting function, reporting to MD
- Management of inventory, stock reconciliation
- Ownership of WIP and project accounting
- Balance sheet reconciliations, control accounts, accruals, prepayments etc
- Cash flow management
- Debt collection and credit control
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing supplier invoices against supplier orders on ERP
- Prepare all supplier payments
- Post and reconcile credit card receipts
- Prepare VAT submission to HMRC
- Liaise with payroll company to execute payroll
- Ensure all activity is posted correctly in ERP
- Monthly fixed assets and depreciation
- Production of management accounts to report monthly profit and performance
- Ensure the financial systems and balance sheets are well controlled, reconciled and understood
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes
Experience of planning and some level of strategic input is essential to be successful in this role.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is at least working towards becoming a qualified management accountant. Initially this is a temporary position however it could turn into a permanent role where the sky is the limit as our client is very keen to develop the successful individual by putting them through relevant exams in order to enhance their skill set and make them a senior member of the team.
Hours – Monday – Friday – Full Time
Salary – Up to £35k depending on level of experience