Excellent permanent opportunity to join our client within the leisure and tourism industry in their attractive, modern offices close to Gloucester City Centre. The role is varied, progressing the Association’s already winning performance. The successful candidate will be a first-class communicator, both orally and through the written word.
You’ll be representing the interests of the industry and providing policy advice to Association members. The Policy & Communications Assistant will be required to travel, meeting businesses, talking about the issues they face and research the topics that matter to them. You will come up with the words to communicate, explain and persuade to be used in the press, trade magazine, letters, speeches, emails and over the phone.
- Representing the interests of the industry and providing guidance to their members
- Communicate to members through writing articles for their Journal, face to face meetings, branch meetings and over the phone
- Provide secretariat to industry and Association committees
- Develop expertise in industry regulatory matters
- Represent members’ interests through written submissions in response to consultations, meetings and all other forums and communications media
- Provide advice to members by telephone, letter and email
- Assist in enhancing the profile of the industry amongst all audiences and in liaison with sponsoring government departments
- Common sense: initiative, problem solving, pragmatism, organisation
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail and clarity of communication
- Able to work to deadlines
- Ability to drive and full driving licence
- Reliable, committed team worker
Salary - Up to £25k
Hours – Monday – Friday – 9am – 5pm